Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day One: Friday, May 15, 2009

Well, we hit the open road today. Our first stop...New Orleans! Nothing really exciting happened on the road. We took I-10 through Florida, which I must say was quite boring until we reached Pensacola and was able to see something other than pine trees. When we crossed the Alabama state line, Alan realized that each welcome center gives out FREE state maps. Being the "frugal" person that he is, he got the crazy idea that these free maps would be his trip souvenir. So, by the end of the trip, I will have to figure out what I am going to do with all of these maps that he collects. Unfortunately for him, the Louisiana welcome center was under construction, so he was not able to get a map from that state...what a bummer! Preparing for the future stop in Las Vegas, we took a detour to Biloxi, MS to try our hand gambling. Being the poor people we are, we each had $5 to blow. I blew my wad on the slots, as did Alan. Then Alan wanted to try his luck at Roulette. He put $5 on black...and being the lucky guy he is (or according to him...a system) he won his $5 back. Moral of the story...I am not to be trusted in Vegas. The millions will be up to Alan to secure! We finally made it to New Orleans and crashed for the night.

Miles traveled: 695 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment